Sunday 27 November 2011

Have heard of Barenaked Ladies...

(...and I'm guessing you have too, but just in case: they're a Canadian rock band)but bare naked men? On Friday night we had a Three Bags Full table at a Cedar Court fundraising event in aid of the Forget Me Not Hospice. And when I say a table, I mean a table to sell stuff rather than (sadly) a table at which to dine. Anyway, a little perk which came our way was the continual circling with complimentary glasses of something or other - I mean, they were naked; who noticed what they were carrying? - of the aforesaid bare naked men. I'd post a photo, but I'm not sure their mothers knew what they were up to that night and would hate it to fall into the wrong hands.

It was a great idea for a fundraiser - Sex in the City evening with shopping and dining intermingled - but for us it wasn't a huge success. The atmosphere and clientele were more girls' night out than cosy woolies and crochet kits, but it's all experience. Think we'll get more into this craft fair type stuff after Christmas.

Don't forget the November offers in the shop (reduced prices on Paloma and Hipp kits and possibly other stuff I'e forgotten) end on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment