Friday 17 June 2011

Some people can wear shawls



(picture credit: coolspotters.com)

...like the Kate Middletons of this world, for example. And some can't. Having been through the whole shawl thing back in the early seventies, I'm now firmly in the latter camp. Wearing a shawl, I look like I'm either off to the opera or attempting a fey, hippie, flower-child look that wouldn't have succeeded even back in the day.

And yet...just recently, a lovely customer called in to show me a gorgeous, green shawl she'd made from soft alpaca 4 ply. She'd wrapped it firmly around her shoulders and fastened it with a scarf pin. She looked exquisite and all I could think was: 'Wow, I wouldn't have thought to use alpaca. Or 4 ply. Or dark green. But it looks sensational!'

So, I'm going to give a shawl a go. Or, at any rate, I'm going to add it to my list.




Meanwhile, here are a few of my flowers for the knitting graffiti. Not brilliant or perfectly executed, but jolly and colourful and that's probably all that's needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment