Tuesday 11 October 2011

To twitter or not to twitter

My daughter says twitter's for following celebs and for young people, which she feels rules me very well out. My friend says she's seen a boost in her ratings since she started using it to promote her business. Google tells me that users use software programmes to follow and unfollow tweeters and, to be honest, if people aren't really interested in what you're saying - they're just pretending to follow you so you'll pretend to follow them - well, what's the point?

I much prefer wool and needles and making things to all this promotional stuff, but you do need the promotional side to run a business. Our aim is for the shop to be friendly, helpful, and offer great yarns at good prices. At present I don't think that's coming across...but would twitter help? Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment