Saturday 2 November 2013

I do love a bargain.

And free stuff's even better. So does anyone know why it's taken me so long to realise I can search on Amazon for free, and/or very cheap, Kindle-edition knitting patterns and other knittery books? I don't have an e-reader of any sort (I'm sure the day will come, but they'll need to make them smell of good old-fashioned book first...) but I download the stuff I want to my laptop and Bob's your uncle - there they are, just ready for a lull in the woolly day.

I know, I know: Amazon!! But what can I say? They have lots of knitting stuff. I'm torn. And I'd have a kind of ethical dilemma about only taking free stuff, because it's not Amazon who'd be losing out; it's the people who put stuff on there for free to boost their other sales. So I try and play nice: I get something for free; I try and buy something the next time.

Still, something free - especially something wool-related - is very lovely indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment