Tuesday 22 March 2011

Scarves - final word, honest

Well, it's officially spring now and we've even managed a few bright days. The sun doesn't much touch the lower reaches of the Piece Hall so the units remain chilly, but it's still lovely to see blue skies through the windows.

So, scarves. Much too late in the winter I decided I really should knit myself a good, thick scarf so I've just recently finished this prettily-edged one:



You only get to see one end of it (sorry about that!) but it's knitted from a pattern called Saroyan by Liz Abinante and it's one of those great patterns which have sections where you can race along and then other sections where you have to concentrate a bit more. The pattern recommends worsted, but I used aran - really thick aran - and the resulting scarf is so cosy I'm almost wishing the snow back. Just almost, mind. By autumn I might have knitted myself a few more in different weights of yarn.

If you're looking for a scarf pattern that's a bit more interesting than five feet of stocking stitch with a garter stitch edging, take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment