Tuesday 7 January 2014

Cleaning and painting and packing and unpacking

And feeling very, very tired. That was our Christmas this year. We worked right through trying to knock the new place into some sort of order, but now we're here! It's not perfect, but it's a palace compared with how it was. Old building, been empty a few years...you can imagine. Come and look!

Anyway, when I said we worked through, I exaggerated - we had Christmas Day and Boxing Day off. And I got some lovely yarny presents this year. Here they are:
Yes, those are hand carders - for carding my fleecey fluff which is now approximately clean -  very approximately - but not at all smooth and spinnable. And I got what looks like a fab fiction book of short pieces by writers on knitting. Looking forward to that. And the other book is called Wool,  so I've included it, but it's actually a sci-fi book, so I'll enjoy that too - it has chapters titles like Casting Off...interesting.

Hope you got lots of lovely yarny stuff too.

New address, in case you're looking for us, The Old Bank, 2 Silver Street, Halifax, HX1 1HS. It's the big, grand, old building which looks down Crown Street

No comments:

Post a Comment