Thursday 26 March 2015

A bit of jiggery pokery

That's what I had to indulge in to get this pattern to work. I've always loved this colourway - Breeze - in the Patons Fairytale Dreamtime baby wool but it's not shown to its best advantage in the ball. Cue a bout of baby knitting. Bur oh, did I choose the wrong pattern!


First off, there was a decrease row at the end of the rib. Maybe some people like that, but it seems contrary to me. Then there was the random insertion of 4 rows of garter stitch which added nothing to the design. Then there was something else I've forgotten. Of course, I should've chosen a different pattern to start with,  but the photo was just unclear enough to hide all these 'special' features. Hey ho, it's all good experience and splendid for the brain. I nearly always add shoulder buttons to baby jumpers, so I did that too - not keen on scraping little baby ears while tugging the neckline over their heads.

Anyway, it's done and I think it looks something like a normal baby jumper.

No comments:

Post a Comment